[HistoryUndergrads] History Club Meeting - 3PM on Thursday, November 12

Michelle Spivey spiveym at uci.edu
Tue Nov 10 15:26:46 PST 2020

Dear Students:

Please join us this Thursday, November 12, at 3:00 PM for the next meeting of the History Club. We were delighted to meet in October to set up a tentative agenda that will take us into the Winter quarter. This week we will hear from Professor Rasul Miller, assistant professor of history and a new member of our department faculty. This is a great opportunity for students to get to know Professor Miller and his research. Since many of you have indicated an interest in hearing more about professional development, Professor Miller will also talk about his background and how he came to be an historian.

Register for the meeting: https://uci.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJYucuiorjkoE9MUU1n0XVwLTMlxuPU8c0M5.

We decided in our last meeting that our next two meetings will focus on the following two topics: 1) the historical roots of the Black Lives Matter movement; and, 2) Pandemics in History. We will also set time aside to set up work groups to develop agendas for the winter meetings.

We look forward to seeing you on Thursday.

Best,
Professor Rasul Miller
Professor Joan Malczewski

Michelle Spivey