[HistoryUndergrads] The History Club - Wednesday, March 3 at 3:00 PM

Michelle Spivey spiveym at uci.edu
Mon Feb 22 08:33:46 PST 2021

Dear Students,

The History Club will hold its next meeting on Wednesday, March 3 at 3:00PM (PST). We had agreed at our fall meeting that we would devote a meeting to an exploration of pandemics in history. We are delighted that Professor Nancy McLoughlin will join us to discuss the medieval plague (and perhaps inspire you to explore this topic in greater depth in the course that Professor McLoughlin will teach in the Spring quarter).

Professor McLoughlin has provided the following brief materials for the discussion:

  1.  Monica H. Green, “How a Microbe Becomes a Pandemic: A New Story of the Black Death,” Lancet Microbe 1, no. 8 (December 2020), e311-e312, https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lanmic/article/PIIS2666-5247(20)30176-2/fulltext
  2.  16 Dec 2020: Monica H. Green interviewed for AHR Interviews by John McNeill, https://directory.libsyn.com/episode/index/show/ahrinterview/id/17189288
  3.  From the Editor’s Desk: Journal of the Plague Year, The American Historical Review, Volume 125, Issue 5, December 2020, Pages xvi–xix, https://doi.org/10.1093/ahr/rhaa523

<https://doi.org/10.1093/ahr/rhaa523>

Please sign up for the meeting here: https://uci.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJAqcuisrDoqHtBJUZcxo9uhf9l0-f_saDmN. After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.

We look forward to seeing you on March 3.

Best,
Professor Rasul Miller
Professor Joan Malczewski

Michelle Spivey