[HistoryUndergrads] 2021 UCI Undergraduate History Conference + Other Announcements

Michelle Spivey spiveym at uci.edu
Mon Mar 8 11:42:38 PST 2021

Dear All,

I hope you are doing well. Please see below for important announcements. Good luck with your finals and I hope you will all have a great spring break!

History Department
Apply to the 2021 UCI Undergraduate History Conference
The application for the 2021 UCI Undergraduate History Conference is now open to all undergraduate students! The conference will be held online this year. All students are welcome to apply to be part of our showcase of undergraduate research on Thursday, May 20. Application deadline is Sunday, April 4. To apply, please visit https://forms.gle/sdhNsRr8R2qyo75a7 and complete the application form. For more information, visit https://www.humanities.uci.edu/history/.

P/NP or Withdraw
In case you need to change to P/NP option for a course or withdraw from a course, the deadline is 5:00 PM on this Friday. You can find more information at: https://www.humanities.uci.edu/undergrad/students/grade_opt.php. Please consult an academic advisor before submitting an enrollment exception request.

History Club Discord Channel
Some students created a discord channel for History majors to connect outside of the classroom. To join, visit https://discord.com/invite/rjJgdFyB.

Other Opportunities
Swarthmore Undergraduate History Journal Spring Issue
The Swarthmore Undergraduate History Journal is now accepting submissions for its Spring 2021 issue!  The aim of the journal is to provide undergraduate students the opportunity to engage with the publication process and adjust to formal academic measures. The submission deadline is April 1, 2021. Please visit their website https://works.swarthmore.edu/suhj/ for more information on our guidelines and submissions process.

Student PIRGs
The Student PIRGs is hiring graduating seniors to be full-time organizers on campuses across the country. Early Application Deadline is 3/12. Visit https://jobs.studentpirgs.org/ for more information.

Michelle Spivey

Undergraduate Program Coordinator