[HistoryUndergrads] Upcoming Events

Michelle Spivey spiveym at uci.edu
Thu Apr 22 14:57:28 PDT 2021

Dear All,

I hope you are doing well! Please see below for information about upcoming events.

Sign up for Summer Session

If you are considering taking some courses to fulfill major requirements in the summer, visit https://summer.uci.edu/services/registration/. You can find the History course schedule and course descriptions attached. Please note that registration in Summer Session is a separate and different procedure. Please contact Summer Sessions directly if you have any questions.

Upcoming History Department Events

Career Workshop: Job Search Strategies for History Majors
Wednesday, April 28 |  4:00-5:00 PM (PDT)
The workshop will focus on job search strategies for History majors, and it will also include some resume writing tips and useful resources. There are limited spaces for the workshop. Please email me if you are interested.

Between Island & Isthmus: Movements Across Caribbean and Pacific Worlds<https://www.humanities.uci.edu/history/calendar/events.php?recid=9126&dept_code_val=63&css_path=history&file_name=events>
Panel 1: "Knowledge, Struggle and Survival in the Age of Climate Crisis."
Friday, May 7 | 11:00 AM (PDT)
Registration: http://bit.ly/UCIsland

Panel 2: "The Brackish Waters of Migration: Global Currents, Local Convergences."
Friday, May 14 | 10:00 AM (PDT)
Registration: http://bit.ly/UCIsthmus

Transnational Frames: Rearticulating Asian American Knowledges<https://www.humanities.uci.edu/history/calendar/events.php?recid=9113&dept_code_val=63&css_path=history&file_name=events>
Friday, May 7 | 2:00 PM-3:30 PM
Registration: http://bit.ly/TransnationalFrames

WEL ØM3 - An Interdisciplinary Introduction to Noah Purifoy and the Noah Purifoy Outdoor Desert Museum<https://illuminations.uci.edu/events/2021_5_13_WEL%20%C3%98M3.html>
Thursday, May 13, 2 - 3:30 p.m. PST
Registration: https://uci.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_RJURncaMSY-3iNYqXeCGKQ

Radiante: The Inspiration and Travels of Transformative Latinx Dance and Poetry
<https://illuminations.uci.edu/events/2021_5_20_Radiante.html>
Thursday, May 20, Session I - 11 a.m. - 1 p.m.; Session 2 - 2 - 3:30 p.m.
Registration: https://uci.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_MM3cyTEjQVqBR9RHRcEcTw

Other Opportunities

Rancho Los Cerritos Summer Internships
Rancho Los Cerritos is pleased to announce two paid summer internships this summer – one in our curatorial department, and one in our education department. Both interns will be hired to work full time for 10 weeks between June and August. For more about our historic house museum in north Long Beach, please check our website (www.rancholoscerritos.org<http://www.rancholoscerritos.org>). The application deadline is Monday, May 3, 2021. These positions are sponsored by a Getty Marrow Undergraduate Internship Grant. Please see the attached pdfs for internship details.

Feel free to reach out to me if you have any questions!

Best,
Michelle

Michelle Spivey

Undergraduate Program Coordinator