[HistoryUndergrads] Tutoring Opportunity

Michelle Spivey spiveym at uci.edu
Mon Jul 19 08:09:07 PDT 2021

Dear All,

I hope your summer is going well! Please see below for information regarding a tutoring opportunity. Please let me know if you are interested, and I will connect you with the program director.

Best,
Michelle

Last year CalTeach started a tutoring program with an organization in LA, CARS<https://www.carsla.org/about> (College Access, Readiness & Success) and provided tutoring for students at Leuzinger High School (via zoom).

We provided only STEM course tutoring, which CalTeach students are well positioned to provide. For next year, CARS wants to expand the program to include tutoring for European/US history, and Econ as well as Literature (All of these would focus on AP level courses). The tutoring would be for the whole year, pays $15/hr, would be 2-4 days a week, for a total of 2-5 hours/week, happening Monday-Thursday between 3-5pm, and would be done entirely over zoom.

Michelle Spivey

Undergraduate Program Coordinator

Department of History

Phone: (949) 824-8248