[HistoryUndergrads] W22 History 174G HIST GLOBAL INDIA

Michelle Spivey spiveym at uci.edu
Wed Dec 1 10:06:37 PST 2021

Dear All,

I hope you are doing well! I am writing to let you know that the class time for HIST 174G HIST GLOBAL INDIA has been changed to TuTh 9:30-10:50 am. If you are interested in the class, you can enroll after open enrollment starts on Friday.

26760     HISTORY 174G     HIST GLOBAL INDIA
CHATURVEDI, V.
A History of Global India will consider the interpretations of the concepts of “global” and “India” through studies of the Indian Ocean World—from ancient history to modern history.  It will also examine the movement of people from South Asia across the world and the impact on politics, religion, language, history, and culture.  Specific topics that will be covered include the global history of curry, the making of Indo-Chinese food, the impact of Asian electronica on politics in Britain, the expulsion of Indians from East Africa, the importance of Little Indias around the world.

The HIST 100W courses will also be open to non-history majors after open enrollment starts, please make sure you enroll at your earliest convenience if you plan to complete the 100W requirement in the winter quarter.

Please don’t hesitate to contact me if you have any questions!

Best,
Michelle

Michelle Spivey
Undergraduate Program Coordinator