[OIT-Colocation] HVAC failure in the OIT DC CORE this morning

Ken Cooper cooperk2 at uci.edu
Wed Oct 10 17:12:48 PDT 2018

In case you are not aware we had a HAVC failure in the OIT DC CORE this morning starting around 3am.  This failure resulted in several servers shutting down that may have impacted EEE, TLG, the HPC research cluster and colo customers.

The problem was corrected after we received notification and data center temperature was back to normal by 7:30am.  It has been concluded that only the CORE data center was impacted by this outage and therefore there was no impact to the majority of our critical systems which are housed in Lab C.

I am working on a PIR and would appreciate if anyone is aware of any applications incurred an outage this morning between 3am and 7:30am, if you could please send me a list of those impacted applications.

We have implemented a temporary fix to ensure that we do not have a repeat occurrence while we working on correct the root cause.

Thank You,

Ken Cooper
Data Center Manager
Office Of Information Technology
Office: (949) 824-3704
Email: cooperk2 at uci.edu<mailto:cooperk2 at uci.edu>

[uci-stacked-wordmark-blue]

278 Mutlipurpose Science and Technology Building
Irvine, CA 92697